Events table dropped every request

Dec 4, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Hey thanks for that project it's a very good startup project for mvc projects

I have an issue with Events table. THe table is dropped every request. Even if I recreate it it's dropped on next. I can't find the source in the code where it's drpped.

BTW where do the requests start in the app? is there a begin request like?

Thanks

Dec 5, 2010 at 12:36 AM
Edited Dec 5, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Sroussi,

Thanks for the feedback.. regarding your question :

1. Check the documentation ( work in progress but still a good starting point ).

EVENTS TABLE BEING DROPPED:

2. Check your web.config for configuration/appsettings:

clearData: If  true, deletes all data from the database tables.

loadSchema : If true, recreates the database schema.

updateSchema: If true, will update the database schema from the last version.

loadData: If true, will reload the sample data.

useRealData: If true, uses the sqlexpress database supplies with the release, otherwise reverts to using an In-Memory database for demo purposes where the data is cleared and sample data reloaded on restart of the app.

REQUESTS:

1. It's a normal mvc app... so all the requests just get delegated to the appropriate controller/method

2. 1st note is that in global.asax the method void Application_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) will rebuild the user (principal) from the cookie. However this does affect any requests

3. 2nd note is yes... in global.asax  there is a begin_request... Application_BeginRequest(object sender, EventArgs e) which will ONLY check to see if request is for a dynamically created html page, and if so will rewrite the url. However... as stated in point #1 above, everything else will just delegate to the controller ( located in the project CommonLibrary.Web.Modules.

Hope that helps.

- Kishore